Dijon Maple Chicken and Veggie Roast
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
Here’s what you need
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts
- 4 cups peeled and cubed butternut squash
- 3 large shallots, peeled and quartered
- ½ acorn squash, seeded and cut crosswise into slices
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- Place a rimmed baking sheet into the oven and preheat to 425 degrees F.
- Combine the thyme, Dijon and syrup in a small bowl; brush over the chicken. Remove the pan from the oven, place the chicken on the pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Add the squashes and Brussels sprouts to the pan with the chicken. Top the veggies with the coconut oil, olive oil, ¾ teaspoon sea salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Return to the oven for another 20 minutes. Serve immediately.
One serving equals: 464 calories, 11g fat, 21g carbohydrate, 5g sugar, 399mg sodium, 4g fiber, and 35g protein.
Spread the word. Use the “refer a friend” link below to forward this newsletter to your friends, family, and coworkers.