If you love coleslaw, then this salad recipe will quickly become your new favorite. While most coleslaw recipes contain a heavy, creamy dressing this one is made with guilt-free Greek yogurt. We’ve also added in some chickpeas for the boost of protein and fiber.
Make an effort to lighten up more of your favorite recipes by employing techniques like swapping out heavy cream for Greek yogurt or swapping refined sugar for coconut palm sugar or stevia. It’s small dietary changes like that over the long haul that will ultimately make the biggest impact on your health and fitness. Enjoy!
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
Here’s what you need
- ⅓ cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon water
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (15 oz.) can low-sodium chickpeas, rinse and drained
- 2 ½ cups sliced packed green cabbage
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled with a vegetable peeler into strips or thinly sliced, or 2 cups shredded carrots
- In a medium bowl, stir together the yogurt, vinegar, water, salt, and pepper to taste. Add the chickpeas, cabbage, celery, and carrots; toss to combine.
- Transfer slaw to a plastic food storage bag and chill at least 4 hours before serving; slaw keeps up to 3 days.
214 calories, 3g fat, 107mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate, 10g fiber, and 12g protein
I hope that you get a chance to give this recipe a try this week. Remember that I’m only a call or email away to assist you in all things fitness. And if you are not yet one of my prized clients then call or email me now to set up your first workout – I’d love to help you achieve your best body ever!
Mike Todd Fitness
Share this delicious healthy recipe by forwarding it to your friends and family! Click Here to share it on Facebook